WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This Conference Has Been Designed To Deliver Strategies And Techniques For:
- VPs of Operations
- VPs of Pipeline Integrity
- Leak Detection Directors
- SCADA Directors
- Operation Control Center Directors
- Pipeline Inspection Specialists
- Chief Technical Officers
- Corrosion Technicians
- Leak Detection Engineers
- DOT Compliance Specialists
- Directors of EHS
- Senior Asset Integrity Engineers & Specialists
> Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
Unique opportunities are available for suppliers to showcase their goods and services.
Contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve strategic key spaces early.
08:30 Virtual Event Platform Opens. Login & familiarize yourself with the platform features and introduce yourself to other participants.
08:50 Welcome Introduction From Senior ABC Director.
The Fundamentals Of Continuous Pipeline Leak Detection
Implementing A Reliable Leak Detection System That Secures The Integrity Of Your Assets
Continuous pipeline monitoring is a fast-becoming a prerequisite for demonstrating that your pipeline network is safe and secure. But how can operators implement these technologies cost-effectively and ensure their reliability?
OPENING PANEL: DELIVERING CONTINUOUS PIPELINE MONITORING
09:00 Investigating The Potential Of Cost-Effective & Reliable Leak Detection Systems To Accurately Detect Leaks & Demonstrate Compliance
In this session we take a comprehensive look at how leading operators are investigating the potential of continuous pipeline leak detection systems. How are they looking to secure their assets with safe and reliable continuous leak detection systems?
>> Insights: Strategic Application To Predict & Prevent Pipeline Failures
Tye Ragle, Director of Pipeline Control, Williams
09:45 Audience Q & A Discussion ( Roundtable)
>> MOVING FROM DISCONTINUOUS TO CONTINUOUS PIPELINE MONITORING <<
Following our opening panel, we invite delegates to benchmark best practice in implementing continuous pipeline monitoring. In what areas are operators seeing results and what are proving to be the cost-effective solutions for digitally detecting leaks?
Real-Time Continuous Modelling For Multiphase Flow Gathering & Transmission Lines
Model-based leak detection systems promise to be able to anticipate pipeline failures. But how accurate are they and how can operators implement them cost-effectively?
HIGH FIDELITY MONITORING & REAL-TIME TRANSIENT MODELLING
10:15 Value Added Pipeline Applications Using High Fidelity Fiber Optic Monitoring & Machine Learning
- Different fibre optic sensing technologies exist which can be appropriately positioned for various applications. One of these specialised fibre optic sensing approaches is known as high fidelity distributed sensing (HDS) which uses a different interferometry to achieve very high signal-to-noise ratio (SNR).
- Along with high SNR, HDS also provides integrated acoustics, temperature and strain/vibration, and is optimised to do so over long distances without degradation of fidelity. This makes the HDS technology particularly appropriate for preventative pipeline leak detection as well as a number of other value-added applications.
- Case studies will be provided to showcase the value of using artificial intelligence and supervised/unsupervised machine learning to explore new frontiers in pipeline monitoring; including a variety of ‘value added’ applications such as flow anomaly detection, flow rate, pressure, and density estimation. Other applications such as pig, vehicle, and train detection/filtering, tracking and analysis will also be presented.
Steven Koles, President & CEO, HiFi Engineering
10:45 Insights: Real-Time Transient Models For Continuous Transmission Pipeline Monitoring In High Consequence Areas
- Learn what insights are being provided by developments in real-time transient modelling and how are operators implementing these insights to reduce risks in high consequence areas.
- How can flow data be utilized for optimal modelling?
- How are they utilizing this data to make more accurate assessments as to the risks posed to the pipeline at any given time?
- See to what extent such applications can give operators high-visibility of the pipeline and assist them in predicting and responding to leaks quickly.
Jason Dalton, Leak Detection Lead, Marathon Pipeline
10:55 Q & A Discussion
11:15 Morning Break and Interview With Flowstate
CPM LEAK DETECTION
11:45 Preparations for a Leak Detection Project
- What are the constraints of a leak detection project and how can I successfully plan for this
- What are the requirements for a CPM leak detection system?
- Comparison of two leak detection project examples
Peter Han, Business Development Manager, Atmos International
12:15 Audience Q & A & Discussion (Roundtable)
>> ACCURATE MODELLING ON MULTI-PHASE FLOW & GATHERING PIPELINES<<
We give delegates the opportunity to debate the nuances of effective modelling. How can you effectively model? How can you ensure that the models are as accurate as possible?
A.I. & Machine-Learning For Leak Detection On Multiphase Flow Gathering & Transmission Lines
How can A.I and Machine-Learning be implemented on alarm-based systems for a comprehensive leak detection system that will allow you to find and respond to leaks in real-time?
12:45 Implementing A.I. & Machine-Learning To More Accurately Detect & Pinpoint Leaks On Transmission Lines
How can continuous monitoring be optimized through the utilization of the latest A.I. & Machine-Learning applications?
Stuart Mitchell, Managing Partner, ProFlex Technologies
1315 Audience Q & A Discussion ( Roundtable)
>> GAINING GENUINE INSIGHTS FROM THE IMPLEMENTATION OF A.I. APPLICATIONS <<
An opportunity for delegates to delve down into the advantages of implementing A.I. applications. How can it improve the effectively of your continuous leak detection system?
> LEVERAGING A.I. TO ACCURATELY DETECT LEAKS ON MULTI-PHASE FLOW PIPELINES <<
Multi-phase & gathering infrastructure pose unique monitoring challenges. We invite delegates to share their experiences on its implementation and forward their questions.
13:45 Lunch Break
INTEGRATING MULTIPLE DATA SETS
14:50 Discover The Optimal Approaches For Integrating Large Amounts Of Data From Multiple Sources Into Your Leak Detection Program
How can you effectively combine the input data from various pipeline monitoring systems for a true and comprehensive picture of your pipeline?
- Explore the software solutions that you can run through a traditional SCADA system to integrate multiple data sets.
- Discover how cloud-based solutions are allowing operators to integrate their data in real-time and gain full network visibility.
- What are the implications for condition monitoring and reporting to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies?
- How can you easily integrate legacy data into your systems?
Jon Raper, Vice President, PPS Business Intelligence
15:15 Q & A
15:25 Afternoon Refreshment Break
ACQUIRING ACCURATE & RELIABLE DATA
15:55 Improving The Reliability Of Leak Detection Through The Implementation Of Sensitive Smart Transmitters Across The Network
How do operators strike the balance between implementing a leak detection system which is sensitive enough to detect leaks whilst mitigating false positives? We look at the sensing solutions.
- What are the transmitter technologies available that will reduce false positives without sacrificing reliability?
- Discover the transmitter technologies available that will reduce false positives without sacrificing reliability.
- Lean how they can cost-effectively be implemented across the entire network.
- What is the impact of implementing such sensors on leakage response times and improving the accuracy of leak detection?
- What can these sensors measure for and how can that data be integrated into real-time models?
Syed Ali, IIOT & Automation Specialist, Chevron
16:20 Q & A Audience Discussion
>> IMPROVING DATA RELIABILITY WHILST REDUCING FALSE POSITIVES<<
In what ways are operators finding the balance between sensitivity and reliability? We invite delegates to offer up their solutions and observations to conference.
16:30 Practical Steps For Implementing Controls To Ensure The Security Of Your Pipeline Leak Detection & Monitoring Data
In this closing session, we look at how operators can actively ensure they secure their data. What are the necessary precautions and controls operators need to be implementing?
- Discover the vulnerabilities of the asset and leak detection data that operators need to be aware of.
- What are the recommended cybersecurity controls and how do you implement them effectively?
- Investigate the trade-offs between security & accessibility and how you can strike the balance between the two.
- How have operators successfully mitigated threats to their data whilst keeping their data available to those who need it?
George Robertson, Cybersecurity Advisor, Chevron
17:00 Chair's Closing Remarks & End Of Conference